Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Friday, April 2, 2010

The stick doesn't lie!

After 3 tests, and many emotions later, it's true. I am pregnant! I am estimating that I am 5 weeks pregnant at this moment, but I won't know for sure until I see the doctor on April 19th.

While I was in Fremont, away on business, I had felt "off." It wasn't any type of text book symptom, it was just a feeling. My body just felt different. I was also really exhausted.

I decided to go and buy a pregnancy test, something I have never ever done. I spent 30 minutes analyzing all of the different types, brands, etc, in the grocery store aisle and finally opted on an EPT test. I needed one that tested prior to a missed period. To be exact I was testing two days early.

I waited until the morning to take the test. I peed on the stick, and then ran back to my bed for a few more minutes, taking a few deep breathes. I knew in these two minutes, that test was going to change my life.

And it did.

I took the test in my hand, and there were two faint, but visible lines that formed a +. I called Tim right away. I woke him up with an emotional outpouring of happiness. I couldn't believe I was staring at a positive pregnancy test in a hotel room, calling my husband! He was ecstatic, a little groggy, but doing his best to "be with me in the moment."

A few days later, I was indeed late on my period, so I tested two more times. Once more in Fremont, with almost the same re-enactment above; me calling Tim, waking him up, to confirm an even more visible + sign. The third and final test was another brand. I wanted a digital test; to eliminate all doubt. I did this one at my parent's house and right away not even 30 seconds after I peed on the stick, the word pregnant popped up.

I never would have imagined that my first time going through this emotion, I would be without Tim. This was the picture I took from the second test. I sent this to Tim via text, so it was like he was there. It's been a crazy two weeks, and now that I am back home, the reality of a soon to be baby is even more vivid. It's going to be one heck of an adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment