Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shhhhh!! It's a Surprise

When one of your parent's turns 60, it kind of makes you feel old. Okay, well they are the ones turning 60, but it makes me kind of think, wow, I am a bonefide adult now. Sort of.

My mom has been working on this surprise party since December. She had this idea to make it a surprise, because when my dad turned 30 she did the same thing. I liked how she kept the tradition going, which means when he turns 90, he will have another one. And I promise you he will still be surprised. :)

My mom went all out! She hired a catering company who grilled gourmet burgers and chicken. There was a table of appetizers that included meatballs, nachos and spicy sausage. A party isn't complete without a dance floor or DJ. There was definitely not a shortage of wine, beer and drinks. Decorations consisted of old photos of my dad spread throughout the party and on the tables.

My dad along with 100 friends and family celebrated and danced late into the night. We pulled out the fire pit and cooked smores at the end of the night.

Was he surprised....yep! I think we could have mailed my dad an invitation to his own party and he still would have been surprised. He was on cloud nine all day, feeling the love and support of his friends and family. He was dancing up a storm, and smiling from ear to ear.


We rounded out the weekend with the PB Car show, beach time and some wine tasting.


















No comments:

Post a Comment