Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!


Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.

I still can't get over our gender reveal yesterday. I have mentioned in previous posts, that I was pretty certain that I was having a boy (despite the baby girl in all my dreams). Plus with Tim's side of the family being 4 generations of men, my odds were sort of stacked against me.

During our ultra sound, we informed the technician right away of our plans. We did not want to find out the sex in a cold informal way from a stranger. So she printed a picture of our baby, wrote the sex on the top and sealed it tight in an envelope. Rewind two days, and on Saturday I had ordered two cupcakes from Frostings. The inside of the cupcakes were custom made: one with blue inside and one with pink inside. So immediately after my doctor's appointment, I went into Frostings and handed them the envelope and told them to wrap up the cupcake that matched the ultra sound technician photo.




I left Frostings as giddy as could be. I had both the cupcakes, the sex of the baby in the envelope, and a huge dinner celebration planned with Tim. I spent the afternoon preparing for dinner and once Tim came home we opened a bottle of white wine and chatted about our day. We enjoyed a home-cooked meal of chicken enchiladas, and talked feverishly about our the doctor's appointment that day and possibly taking baby classes at our hospital. Meanwhile the two cupcakes were sitting on the table. I couldn't help but think about them even through our dinner, and was so ready when Tim finally said, any new predictions before we cut it open? We both laughed at this comment, figuring we were about to cut open a blue cupcake.

I held the camera steady to take pictures as Tim cut through the middle of the cupcake. I couldn't quite see the color of the cupcake, but once Tim yelled out "Whaaaat?!!" I knew something drastic was about to happen. I peered over to look at the cupcake from behind the camera, and all I could see was pink. We both just sat there with tears in our eyes, completely and UTTERLY shocked. We were both quiet, just eying the bright pink inside of this cupcake. After some hugs and some more tears, we still couldn't believe what we were seeing. Maybe they got the cupcakes mixed up? I grabbed the technician's envelope, quickly ripped it open, and pulled out the ultrasound picture. There it was; the picture of our baby's legs spread eagle and at the top of the picture in small writing: Its a girl.

We are ecstatic and overjoyed to have a little girl, but in our minds we always thought it was going to be a boy. I have always said from the beginning, that I didn't have a preference. I just want a healthy baby. But the idea of having a boy made itself very comfortable in the back of my head, and while I always thought it could be either, I guess that idea was a tough one to remove. So that is where we are right now....still trying to comprehend that we are going to have a DAUGHTER! A beautiful precious little girl.

We finally ate the cupcake and of course inhaled the second one too. Tears started up again and I tried my best to capture the evening through all the emotions...

We called our families right away and sent out a text to our close friends. It's finally real, it's the feeling I have been wanting to feel this entire pregnancy. I am so in love and enamored by this little girl and I can't wait to meet her in December.


I was shaking while taking these pictures, hence the blurriness. The pink wrapper was NO indication of the sex. This is how this particular cupcake is sold. It is called their birthday cupcake: Yellow cake, Vanilla Bean frosting with sprinkles.






Let's check the technician's note to make sure it *really* is a girl!


Still shocked...and please excuse my husband's half naked body! (it was hot in our house)!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you...I love that you guys found out the way you did! So sweet! Congrats! Isn't it amazing what it does to you to know "who" is in your belly?! I mean of course you love your baby from day one, but it's insane the instant bond you feel right away, finding out the sex...even if the result isn't what you thought it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have put it any better, Nadine. It really does feel like an instant bond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your little girl! We just found out that we're having a little girl as well - so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I'm so excited for you! Such a fun way to do the big reveal too :)

    CONGRATULATIONS! A little shopper is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratlations! A Little Girl! How awesome! I love the way you decided to find out...I am going to have to keep that one in mind for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Such an exciting way to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cute and fun way to do a reveal! How neat! Congrats on the girl. It must be girl season since it has been boys for everyone I know for the last several months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the way you found out :)

    ReplyDelete