So what have I been up to besides loving my little Jillian?
In a nutshell I have been doing the following:
- Taking care of the cutest 8 week old baby (can you believe she is 8 weeks?????)
- Planning my best friends Baby Shower, which is next weekend!!!
- Meeting friends for lunches
- Getting my exercise (I have been hitting the gym every day, and walking 2 miles with Jillian every morning)
- Pumping, Pumping and MORE Pumping....I swear I'm married to my breast pump, every 3 hours!!
- Having date nights with Tim!
- Finalizing Jillian's birth announcement
- Organizing and printing all the pictures we have taken of Jillian in the last 8 weeks of her life!!
- Helping Tim clean, organize and re-arrange our garage
- Hanging new curtains in our bedroom
- Lots of trips to Target and Costco
I also got my hair dyed and cut today. I went darker, cut 2 inches and put layers in. I am so happy! I feel like a new person, almost like me again. And since I have been working out, I feel like a million bucks. The last 8 pounds I am trying to shed, seem to be sticking. I can't really diet yet, since I am breastfeeding, so I will have to practice patience with that one. But just getting physical activity feels amazing....
And you know what else is amazing?? My daughter! She is so beautiful, loving and such a sweetheart. Her smiles light up my day, I live for them. We had quite the adventure at Target the other day. We needed diapers, that's it, just diapers, but the trip turned into 45 minutes. I had two diaper changes, 1 diaper blow out (oh yes the pants went in the trash after that one), and 1 feeding. It was pretty insane, and I had to use one of those baby changing tables in the bathroom. It was a day of firsts. I swear, going out with her takes SO much effort. I would almost rather stay at home and just enjoy my play time with her.
I read Green Eggs and Ham to her yesterday and she freaked out for it. She was smiles the whole time, like she was really listening to the story. She kept her eyes intently focused on me, and flashed me ear to ear grins. I try and take any moment with her to talk to her and teach her about things. I can't stop kissing her either, it's ridiculous. I could go on an on.....ekkkk!!
She has her 2 month old doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I am anxious to see how much she is grown. We also need to talk to her doctor about her baby acne. It popped up on her face a few days ago and has progressively gotten worse. It doesn't seem to be hurting her, but it looks aggressive. It's everywhere, and we try our best to keep her face as clean as possible. Any moms out there have advice?
We captured her first smile at 6 weeks. She was smiling at 5 weeks, but we finally got it on camera!
Hanging out with G'Mo
Meeting my cousin, Danny.