Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Friday, August 3, 2012

9 Weeks - Baby #2

Tim and I are expecting our second baby!
It was quite a shock when we found out.  We had JUST started trying.

I had a business trip to NYC and I decided to test 3 days early to see if I was pregnant.  With Jillian I tested early and tested positive. However, with this one, I did not.  So I went to NYC for my event and when I was supposed to start my period, it never came.  I related it's absence to stress and didn't think much of it, until I was home and still hadn't started. So I  peed on a stick and a blue line popped up.

Just like the first time, Tim and I were apart. He was headed on a backpacking trip with his buds so I called him right away to tell the news.  Of course the in the moment excitement was delayed because he was in a car full of his friends. Word got out and everyone figured out my news right away.  Smart friends.

He called me at a rest stop when he had a private moment, and was very happy for us.

It was crazy how quickly you can think you aren't pregnant to then being pregnant.

I didn't feel real until we had our 8 week appointment.  Our little bean popped up on the screen, measuring ahead and with a steady strong heartbeat.

So far I have the same pregnancy symptoms I had with Jillian, except I am more tired.  I chalk that up to the fact that I am chasing Jillian around the minute I get home from work.  There is absolutely no down time for a working mom with an almost 2 year old toddler.

No nausea, but I have had major food aversions and am starving all the time.  I really need to start eating healthier, because I have already gained 3 pounds.  Plus I haven't been back at the gym since early May.  Once I get out of this first trimester, my goal is to start back at the gym and eating clean.

All in all, I am amazed by this little person growing inside. The emerging of a small belly bump has me giddy, and I am really looking forward to all the good things to come.