Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dear Weston - 1 Month Old

Dear Weston, 

You are the missing piece to complete our family.  Now that you are here, I can't even imagine life without you.  When you were born and they put you on my chest, I felt so calm.  You love to be held. It's your favorite thing. And when you are awake, you have these beautiful dark blue eyes that love to observe.  We haven't heard you coo yet, but you like to take your mouth and curl it up into a pout, and you love to hold my hand.  I melt in these moments, and I get a lot of one on one time with you when Jillian takes her afternoon nap and at night when she is in bed.  I try to shut everything else out, and just take you in, because I know now from expereience this newborn stage is going to fly by.  


You are strong.  You kick like crazy when we change your diaper, and it's actually hard to get you dressed.  You go with the flow, so far.  Jillian is a busy big sister and you get toted along with us on all our play dates, park dates, pretend city trips and of course our trips to target. You are great.  As long as our outings are in the morning after we nurse, you are content in the moby wrap, close to me. I would have to say it's your favorite place to be, and if you could spend 24 hours a day snuggled to my chest, you would.

At night, things are a bit harder for you.  You are gassy and fussy in the evenings and sometimes we can't calm you down. I can tell you just need to release some gas or poops, and when you do it's like we have a little party for you.  At least I do.  It brings me some major satisfaction to see you accomplish this goal.  It usually eases the pain, but this gas can last a while and usually can plague us at night.  We are still working through this together. 

You already have a short list of things that you don't like: getting your diaper changed, being swaddled, taking a bath, the pacifier, and sleeping by your self.  Things you love: cosleeping in bed with me, tummy time and play time on your back, and eating. You can nurse forever if I let you, which would explain the speed at which you are growing. 

You are wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.

So far you are making this transition from family of 3 to family of 4 an easy transition.  Thank you for introducing me to your world and being apart of ours. This is is just the start, son.  I hope you are ready for a lifetime of kisses, hugs, and snuggles.  This is your home and we couldn't have asked for a more bright, charming, handsome son.




No comments:

Post a Comment