Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Dear Weston - 4 Months

Dear Weston,
Your personality is front and center and you make it known!
Your facial expressions are priceless.  Your huge smiles are common, but so is the biggest bottom limp quiver when you start to cry.  Even though you are upset, I can't help but think it's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen.

This month we saw a little determined guy really starting to use his hands.  You can reach for things above you, you can hold things we give you like a pro, you have a tight grasp once you have your tiny fingers around something, and you can bring things from you hands to your mouth. You have been a drooling machine for a while, and I am surprised you didn't cut a tooth yet. If I had to predict you will cut one in the next month. You still absolutely love tummy time and can do it throughout the day, although you have no interest in rolling over.  You are super content in the swing, and love your activity gym for most of the day.

Sleep has become an issue with you this past month.  Unfortunately you have decided that the co-sleeper next to our bed is not good enough anymore and you would much rather be sleeping right next to me.  Last month everything seemed to work since you would sleep in the actual co-sleeper, but now that you are boycotting it, I am losing sleep.  The problem with you being right next to me is that you wake almost 4-5 times a night and want to nurse or comfort yourself.  I am getting broken sleep, no more than an hour or two at a time, and this is starting to wear me down.  I am really conflicted.  Part of me wants to wait until you are a bit older before moving you to your crib.  You will be a bit more mature and you will have begun solids by that point. Honestly as I write this my ideas or theories change daily.  While my ideal situation would be to have you sleeping independently, I don't want to let you cry it out and feel abandoned.  Things are just so different than Jillian who was on a schedule (but this was due to her bottle feeding, you are breastfed).  I have good days and bad days.  I am angry then sad.  I know you are just a sweet little guy wanting to be close to the warmth of my body and the comforts of my breasts. I try to remember that, and am still trying.  I plan to do some more research, talk to friends and your doctor to see what I should do next if this is still continuing at the end of next month.

Other fun things about you at this stage are that you love to be held facing out, propped on my hip.  You like to observe. You LOVE to watch Jillian, and almost instantly you cheer up when you see her if you are sad. You love being outside. You love to be held and to be with people.  You are content on a lap, watching the world in front of you.

You had your first trip to Palm Springs, spent time with both grandma's, and were toted along numerious playdates. 




At a Glance:

4 month Stats:
Weight: 15 pounds, 1 ounce
Height:
Head:


Sleep Stats:
You are now soley dependent on me to fall asleep as I mentioned above.  Your naps are still great, in the car, on the go, and in the swing.

Food:
You are nursing exclusively.  And you have taken a few more bottles last month, but the catch was that they were freshly expressed milk. You won't drink my frozen supply.

Random Stuff:
You are still wearing size 1 diapers, but should be in size 2 (I am just waiting to finish the size 1s we have!)
You wear 3-6 month clothes.  Still very skinny, but very tall.

Milestones:
Talking, talking and tons of talking
Holding things with your hands
Grabbing for things
Taking things in your hands and placing them in your mouth
Grabbing your feet with your hands
Smiles all the time