Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I'm 32 going on 33 and I can finally call myself a mom.

I have always wanted kids and knew I would have them someday....I was just never that type of person that had her life mapped out by age. I wanted to live it up before marriage and babies. And I did. Once I was married, Tim and I wanted to wait. We never even discussed kids until our 2nd year anniversary and even then, we were both hesitant. Both our focus drifted to careers, travel and just being a young married couple. Once I hit 30, I started to think about my eggs, like every woman does. 30 seems to be that dreaded number, where things go downhill (or so they say).

After I turned 31, we shifted gears. It was baby making time, and we both crossed our fingers. It was up to fate. Thankfully two pink lines showed up on a pregnancy test shortly after. I remember those emotions like they happened yesterday. I instantly felt a million emotions take over, it was intense. I remember sitting in that hotel suite looking out the window, my eyes focusing in on a family out at the pool, thinking that I am going to be a mom!!

So thank you, Miss Jillian, I wouldn't be able to share this day without you. Thank you for being such a sweet, loving little girl. I can't get enough of your warm skin, sweet baby breath and bright curious eyes. I just melt when I am with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment