Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Weston is 2 Weeks Old!

The past two weeks have just flown by.  There have been lots of "firsts" for Weston.

  • First Bath 
  • Cord fell off
  • First Doctor Appointment
  • First trip to Disneyland
  • First night in his bassinet
  • First time on his play mat
  • Tummy time 
  •  
Four days after he was born we had his first doctor appointment.  We were thrilled with how much weight he had gained back....he was an ounce heavier than his birth weight.

Fast forward to his 2 week appointment and he was almost 1 pound heavier!

Weight: 9 pounds, 3 ounces (75%)
Height: 22 inches (above 99%)
Head: 15 inches (above 99%)

Dr Tang, our pediatrician, was so impressed with his weight gain, stating that most babies are lucky if they are at their original birth weight at 2 weeks.  Our little guy is a growing machine!!


Newborns typically bring chaos to a household, but it honestly feels like Weston has been a part of this family forever. Tim and I are both getting a ton of sleep, he is breastfeeding like a champ, and he loves to be held. He cries when he is gassy and usually at the end of the day during those dreaded evening hours, but honestly he's a very easy baby so far.


My mood is completely different than last with Jillian.  I am calm, happy, and seemingly collected.  I have my moments where I breakdown, but overall my hormones seem to be less crazy!!  I am soaking in my time with Weston, every smell, every sound, and every feeling.  I love him so much, it scares me and the bonding we have had with breastfeeding is more than I could have ever wished for.




Jillian is warming up to him.  Every day gets better and every day I make sure she knows how important she is to our family. I spend a portion of our day solely playing with just her (when West is sleeping).  We go on play dates, to the park, special trips to get yogurt and we even took everyone to disnelyand.  She is a HUGE help when I ask her to do something.  She will help bring Weston his blanket or pacifier when he is crying and she will gently kiss his head spontaneously.  She keeps her distance for the most part, but I can tell she loves him.

No comments: