Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let the adventure begin.....

Tomorrow we leave for our much anticipated road trip to Colorado. I can't help but think about the Griswold's Family Vacation, when the word "road trip" comes to mind. It's such a classic movie, that brings back memories from my childhood. One summer, my mom, my dad, my brother and I drove cross country. Our final destination, North Dakota, took almost 8 weeks to get to, and we stopped at every major city/town/tourist trap you could think of on the way. What made the trip memorable for me was so many things that you see in the Griswold's trip: the camping, the long car rides, the lost luggage, the desperation to find a gas station when we would get low on gas, the ridiculous car games to pass time, and of course the arguing over the radio and what type of music was playing. It was probably my most memorable trip growing up, just because it was so unique. I will never forget the bonding I had with my brother on that trip either...

I hope Tim and I can have the same sort of adventure. I want us to sing along to old songs, to stop at rest stops and make friendly with the truckers, to pull over if we feel like stretching our legs, and to find a hole in the wall diner that serves hot coffee and warm pie. I can't wait to see our beautiful country; from desert to mountain, back to desert again. I can't wait to visit National Parks such as the Grand Canyon, Arches, and Zion. I can't wait to hold Bacon on my lap and to read a good book. I can't wait to hear new stories from Tim, as well as his old classic stories. He always makes me laugh harder than anyone I know. Last but not least, I can't wait to share with each other our hopes and dreams for our baby. No doubt the baby will be a hot topic of conversation :)

I won't be blogging much in the next 10 days, unless the weather doesn't cooperate with us and we are stuck inside. I am crossing my fingers that every single day I am able to smell the fresh mountain air, get outside and be active with Tim.

Let the adventure begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment