Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wedding, Packing, & Mother's Day

Hey Everyone,
What a wonderful day! I wasn't expecting anything for this Mother's day since technically I am not a mother yet, but Tim went out and got me a Starbucks coffee (decaf) first thing this morning. He has been so helpful all weekend with cleaning, fixing our front door lock, and getting my car ready for our road trip, it's hard to ask for much more.

With all of his help, it was easy to host a Mother's Day Brunch for my mother in law. We had the whole family over, minus Brendan, who did end up making an appearance later. I cooked two dishes, both casseroles. One was an egg dish, the other was a potato dish. I would have opted for something more gourmet than this, but Tim and I spent all of Saturday in San Diego for Sho and Cherri's wedding. So I had to prep everything Friday. Along with the two casseroles, Beth brought over a fruit salad, appetizers and mimosas, and we served Bacon, toast and carrot cake for dessert. It's always stressful serving people, and being a perfectionist like me, you want everyone to be full and enjoy the meal. I hope I did that. :)

Saturday was a very special day for us. Tim and I were able to see our very good friend's Sho and Cherri tie the knot. They got married at the Del Mar Race Track, and the reception overlooked the race track with extended views of the ocean. It was a beautiful wedding, and we finally got to see two very wonderful people commit their lives to each other. I always love going to weddings with Tim. I love the ceremony sometimes more than the reception. I always squeeze Tim's hand a little tighter when they start the vows part of the ceremony, it's a way for us to relive our special day.

This reception was indeed different. Open bar meant nothing but water for me. The food was delicious, and so was the cake (omg, the cake, it was to die for). I loved being able to catch up with all of our old college friends and getting updates on everyone's lives. It has been almost 10 years since most of us graduated from college. 10 years ago we would have partied until we passed out, now days we have to kids to get home to, or family obligations, or even work. I can't imagine what the next 10 years will bring...

Tim and I have a short work week coming up. We leave for our road trip/adventure/vacation on Thursday, so we have been trying to get ahead on our packing!! Our expectations are set low, accordingly. I don't mean that in a bad way. We just have NO idea what to expect. I am very excited to spend quality time with Tim, and really can't wait to take time off from work.

I hope everyone spent this wonderful day with family, celebrating your mom, or getting celebrated yourself. Mom's are always the rock of every family, and I cannot even begin to thank my mom for being one of the most loving, dedicated, hard-working moms out there. I aspire to be just like her....








No comments:

Post a Comment