Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear Jillian - 12 months (1 year)


Dear Jillian,

It's been 1 full year since you were born. I don't remember what life was like before you. Having you here now makes everything seem complete, and the happiness you have shown me in the last 12 months seems unreal.

The days leading up to your first birthday had me rethinking all of the events that led up to your arrival. I was going stir crazy trying to predict when you would make your grand entrance. Once I felt those first contractions, you were ready. Daddy was thrown into a whirlwind of anxiousness when I called him on the phone and said, "it's time."

Everything from that moment on was a blur. Labor was so fast. Once you came out, you were my exact image of perfection. Perfect round baby face, puffy pink lips, and bright alert eyes. Your skin was so soft, and you sat on my chest like it was meant to be. For our first meeting time actually stood still. The only sounds I heard was the rise and fall of your breathing and the pounding of your heart.

And now today, I look at you, and you are a thriving 1 year old girl.

Gone are the days of a sleeping, eating, diaper changing routine. You fill our days with baby talk, baby laughter and grown up tendencies. You are ambitious in your quest to be independent. We knew you would be an early walker, but you you took your first steps at 11 months old. You waited for me to be there (at least I like to think you did). I had been on a business trip to NYC. The day I came home, you took your first few wobbly steps right into my arms.

You do all sorts of other funny things - you eat like a big girl, but like to throw your food off your high chair (we think you have a soft spot for Bacon in your heart). You like to walk to us with your arms open wide, and fall right into an embrace. You like to give these huge open mouth kisses when we say, Give Me a Kiss. You also like to wave goodbye, blow kisses and give high fives.

Both your daddy and I can't wait to see you grow in the next year. We have lots planned for 2012, so we hope you are ready.

All my love, baby girl!

Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment