Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dear Weston - 6 Months

Dear Weston,

You are a bright light in our lives, little man.  You were meant to be apart of this family and we are blending so well these days. From routines, to milestones, we are meeting each one with an overabundance of joy. You are pure joy. Waking up to you every single morning is the best part of my day.

This month, we spent a week at Grandma Mo's and Grandpa Curt's house. You also got to meet my side of the family, when we spent 1 night with Crystal.  You got to meet your second cousin, James, who is just 3 months younger than you.  You also got to spend time with your first cousin, Trenton, when Uncle Sid and Aunt Beth came down too. We had a full house, but it was so much fun to see you interact with your family and be passed around from arms to arms. Everyone wanted to hold you and to snuggle you.

Last month you just discovered rolling over, and this month you became a pro at it. You also can inch worm around, meaning you can get up on all fours and then push back. This means you are really starting to figure out your mobility.  You are a pro with your hands, and you love sucking on those feet of yours. You also started to babble WAY more than I have ever heard you before, and you learned how to blow "raspberries" with your mouth.  Still lots of drooling, but no teeth yet!

Before I go into detail about the biggest thing that happened to you this past month, I wasn't sure I was going to discuss it in your weekly letters.  I feel you should know about it, because it just shows how extremely agile and strong you are.  When we were in visiting family in Arizona, I placed you in the baby swing during one of your naps.  You woke up.  At the same time Jillian called for me, so I left you for a second, and boom, I heard a shrieking cry. I ran out to the living room and found you face up on the ground; you had fallen out of the swing. My cousin, Crystal, grabbed you, and when I raced over to you, your face was bright red and you had giant tears streaming down your cheeks.  I took you in my arms and held you and in a few minutes you calmed down. I instantly put you to my breast to nurse and sooth and you stayed close in my arms until your breathing started to slow down.  I felt like someone had knocked the wind out of me and I was so upset, I couldn't let out a single tear. I had to be strong for you. I surveyed your body 5 minutes after the fall.  No bruising, no red marks, no scrapes.  Your limbs were moving, your eye sight was in tact, along with your hearing, and you could move your neck and arch your back.  Crystal and Aunt Kim are nurses, so they both examined your vitals and everything was good.  After some time my fears began to bubble up in my head. I cried and cried.  I sobbed for the guilt. I sobbed for your pain , and I sobbed knowing I put your life at danger. Your pediatrician examined you at your next check up and said everything looks great and told me to not worry.  It happens all too common.  What we take from each experience is this:  it was mnature's way of telling me I have an active boy.  This means my senses needed some checking.  I vow to you I will always take safety precautions in everything we do moving forward.

It's still not easy to talk about this. I get anxiety thinking about how fate and timing works.  How someone up in heaven was watching over you that day to make sure you landed in such a way to protect your delicate body and developing brain.  You are my strong little man, and I am so sorry Weston. 

You are our perfect little man, and ending on a positive note, just lately you are really becoming expressive with that smile. You hand it out for free, to anyone passing you in the grocery store, or to anyone that has come to visit.  People are always telling me, what a great/easy little boy, and truly you are.  Besides the fact that we have some sleeping issues and needy issues, you are easy going.  To be you are perfection and I wouldn't change a thing.

Love
The luckiest mom in the world

At a Glance:

6 month Stats:
Weight: 17 pounds (25-50th %)
Height: 27 inches (50-75%)
Head: 17 inches (75%)

Sleep Stats:
Still co-sleeping, naps in swing and on the go or with me on the couch.

Food:
You are nursing still on demand, still no schedule for this.  You are also eating 3 meals a day (about 2 jars of food per day). You have tried carrotts, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears, apples and bananas.  You aren't the most graceful eater; you haven't figured out how to properly use the spoon, but you are getting there.  And that little tongue of yours like to push the food out of your mouth at times.  Oh and don't even get me started on the raspberries you blow during eating time, food it spit out everyone and on me!!


Random Stuff:
Size 2 diapers
Pooping every other day
You are super bald STILL (sorry)
Wearing 6 month old clothes and sometimes 6-9 month
You take baths in the bathtub now, every other night and LOVE it!



Milestones:
Eating jar food!
Inching forward and backward
Rolling like a pro
You can transfer objects from one hand to the other
You can get up on all fours in a crawling position









No comments: