Welcome to my Digital Baby Book - Dedicated to Jillian, Weston and Georgia.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Dear Georgia - 8 months

Dear Georgia,

I am behind this month on your updates and I even though I can say we are busy, we are just enjoying every second together as a family that blogging is SO low on the list. Summer is in full affect around here and we are loving our no fuss schedule and sometimes lazy days.  I say sometimes because we still have activities for the kids, but much of our day is spent at home or in the backyard (especially when it is over 100 out, the AC is just too darn good to pass up).  So here are a list of things that have been a BIG deal in your development that we don't want to forget:

*Two new teeth, on top and with a space in the middle just like Jillian
*Last month you started attempting to push chairs around or a walker in an attempt to walk upright and this month you just perfect that. I may have said this before,  but out of all three kids you were the most physical, meeting these milestones way faster than the other ones.  I would love to do a comparison overview one of these days, but I am not holding my breath. 
*sleeping seems to be in a better pattern.*Headed back to the doctor this month to make sure your head size was growing on your curve.  It fell back at you 6 month visit so we did a follow up to make sure everything is growing and it is.
*LOVES water probably more than any of the other kids at this age
*You say mama now!!  And it's clearly at me, so even though you still mumble dada, you don't direct it to daddy!  So I call it a tie.
*Goodbye infant car seat carrier.  We ditched it, because even though it was handy when you would fall asleep in the car, you would always wake up quickly after.  And I hated lugging that thing. 
*Super good in the car seat (at one point you did not like the car seat but I guess you realized that 3rd children get toted everywhere).
*You have this thing for shoes and chewing on them (so gross)
*You take baths with your brother and sister and love it
*Bedtime is still around 7:00 pm and you wake up anywhere between 6 am - 7 am
*Not sure if you like pureed baby food.  I still want you to try and eat 2 jars of food, but you don't seem that interested. I think you we will start you on table foods next month. I should also point out I am really trying  not to stress out about it.  I am still producing enough milk (at least it seems) so maybe I can bring it up at your next doctor appointment.


Two major things happened between 7 - 8 months.  First, you had your first palm springs trip.  This was our 6th trip....and we HAD a blast.  And while you were there, you had your first big earthquake (5.2)!! You slept right through it!  Actually everyone slept right through it and since it was in the middle of the night, daddy and I went right back to sleep.  We swam every day and you were so chill the whole time at the pool where I didn't let you do too much crawling around.  You survived the hot temps (110) and generally slept great. I can't wait for you to get a bit older so you can run around the golf course with daddy and your siblings at night.

Second big thing was you fell down the stairs. While you've been mobile for 2 months now, you haven't really started to speed crawl until a few weeks ago.  Mostly because you'd crawl, discover a new fascinating thing (even a stinky Weston sock was a gem) and you would stop to admire it.  I should have put up the baby gate sooner at the top of the stairs and it was something that just kept eating at me.  One morning when I was trying to get everyone dressed and out the door, I was helping Wes brush his teeth.  I put you down in your room, ran into my room (across the hall) and helped Wes get toothpaste on his brush and a huge cry was let out.  I ran back to your room and you were not there, and then I heard more tears, at the bottom of the stairs.  Of course I started to ball, Jillian and Weston were confused, and I ran down to scoop you up, immediately looking for any signs of broken bones or bruises.  You held me tight and I realized you had a bloody lip.  I nursed you right away to hlep sooth you, and it didn't take long for you to catch your breath and just nurse.  I cried big tears as I inspected your body and lucky for me (us) you seemed totally fine.  A bit scared more than anything, but the saving grace was this.  You didn't fall all the way down. At the turn you stopped, so you never hit the tile.  I tried not to beat myself up about it, but this was now an accident that would be included in your first year, much similar to weston's swing accident, and his falling out of the bed.

Truthfully this is just another experience many moms go through.  I am so happy that you were not hurt and I think this just goes to show how strong you really are.

Lets touch on your personality and some of my predictions:  So you fell down the stairs and got right back up (so to speak).  Yes, you are strong, but you are determined, and adventurous. You are also super cool. You sit on my lap and don't need to move all the time, which tells me you can be both.  I think you are smart, and you LOVE music and when I dance.  I think you will be my dancer, as opposed to Jillian who might be more of an athlete.  You laugh and smile all the time.  You are just joyous.  You are so sweet with your kisses and you even give a little pucker.  You love to be held so I also think you are soft and kind.  Mostly you are beautiful with lots of hair and your now green / hazel eyes.

I love you SOOOO much.  Just stop making me want to have more babies will ya??

Love, Mom